Match Review: Olympique Gaulois Singapore vs TGA Rangers FC

19-Jan-2019 15:00

League // -
Olympique Gaulois Singapore
1 - 2
TGA Rangers FC
Referee - Dave // Assistans - N/A & N/A
Olympique Gaulois Singapore


Setting TGA on the Cosmo Title Highway

Hard Saturday for OG with their first game in 1.5 month. OG had to compose with a lot of players still on holiday, injured or suspended. Nonetheless the 14 that showed up on the day at the skills to overtake the current cosmo leader. Unfortunately things did not really go our way during what was a very contested and close game between 2 teams that tried to play some good football. Game started really well with OG pressuring high and that could/should have taken the lead twice by Hugo & Eric but either a good save on the line or a ball going just over the bar from a lob prevented us from taking the lead. Game become a bit more even and it was TGA s turn to show off their skills with a few chance from set pieces or Sharples hitting the outside of the post. 0-0 HT. Game was once again pretty even with both team having braces of chances. Unfortunately Hugo had to leave the game for a luxation of the shoulder that occurred in the first half adding one more injured player to our long list. Game resumed and Eric could have given us the lead from a corner as he manage to hit the ball in front of the keeper but unfortunately ball went just over the bar. Minutes later we thought we had the lead as Eric was released on the left side, kicked the ball back onto the penalty spot for Francois to head it into the empty goal. As we though we had taken the lead, the lines man that was 50m away decided otherwise and gave a goal kick. Minutes later TGA hit us from a corner with a beautiful header from Paddy finishing into the top corner. We woke up and pushed hard to get the equalizer, but the TGAs defence was solid and well organized taking no risk. However we scored another goal when our midfielder shipped the ball over the defense, Jorge in offside position stopped moving but Eric went full on the ball that eventually went over the keeper, and when he was about the push the ball in, the offside flag went up. We are not really sure what happen here as the ref said before kick off that he will not blow for Offside position of a player not playing the ball. Anyway, 2nd goal disallowed. TGA did not need more warning to secure the game, and a nice cross found Nathan completely alone on the 2nd post to make it 2-0. 10min to go and eventually Guillaume got us back in the game with a cheeky ball over the keeper on a very thigh angle. Despite all the best effort we never really created a last chance for the equalizer, so game ended at 2-1 for TGA. Overall a good game of football but the disappointment is here for OG as we flet we deserved better. But to be fair TGA deserved credit for taking for chances when they needed to and finally managed to beat they boogey team setting themselves on the highway for a 2nd title in 3 years. MOM OG: Jorge for a huge activity on the right flank. MOM TGA: Paddy for scoring the crucial first goal in a contested game.


Yellow Cards
  • Chris Jones
Double Yellow Cards
Red Cards
  • Guillaume Jeannerot
  • Paddy Sutton
  • Nathan Bryer
  • Jorge Garcia
  • Jordan Laing
  • Victor Felicia
Man Of the Match
  • Jorge Garcia
  • Paddy Sutton
Man Of the Match (opponent)
  • Paddy Sutton
  • -
TGA Rangers FC


It was time for the replay of our abandoned match against OG just before Christmas when the referee had to call us off for thunder and lightening. With no Kike for the opposition we knew we had a great opportunity to hammer home the 3 points and extend our lead at the top, with SCC in cup action. The first half finished 0-0 but chances fell to either side, Hugo had a couple of the French and, for Rangers, Bryer couldn’t get on the end of Laing free kick early doors. Other chances came but no side took the opportunity to break the deadlock. After half time the game seemed to up a notch with both teams pushing for that all important first goal in the sweltering Singapore heat. With this being officially OG’s first game after the winter break we thought it even more important to sneak a lead then see how the opponents would react. A few half chances came and went but Rangers eventually taking the lead midway through the half with Paddy leaping highest to bury a Laing precise corner. Fantastic head and set piece from the boys. More possession for both sides, Remi trying his best to get some space past Whitcoin but the ginger marksman standing up to the test so far. With about 20 minutes to go Rangers got their 2nd with supersub Victor swinging into a deep far post cross for Bryer to bury with the outside of his foot from a mighty far three yards. 2-0 now and we just had to hold firm to nullify the OG threat after Aiolis immediate response last week. Around 85 minutes we conceded as a long ball over the top was left for the right mid to run on and lift over Gigi, defensively we could have done much better but a clever finish. Rangers managed to hold on to gain a vital 3 points in the race and go onto another stern test in Latini next week. FYI Sharples did not assist or score in this game.